Put your best foot forward on the day with these health and safety guidelines to help you get there from start to finish.
To help ensure that all participants have a safe and enjoyable day at the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon, please follow our guidelines:
- Be aware of your surroundings and your nearest exit.
- Do not leave any bags unattended.
- Take note of the terrain you are standing on in case it is wet, slippery, or hazardous etc.
- Sweat shirts, t-shirts, space blankets and refuse sacks are often discarded before the start and during the race and can create a tripping hazard. If you are discarding items of clothing or such like, ensure they will not cause a problem.
- Do not climb on any temporary structures, barriers etc.
- Do not wear bracelets, necklaces other accessories which can easily become tangled.
- Ensure you take water before and during the race to stay hydrated.
- The wearing of iPods and Personal Stereos during the race can cause difficulties as they inhibit the hearing of important safety announcements.
- Always make sure the laces on your shoes are tied properly so you do not trip and fall.
- By the direction of An Garda Siochana, the use of bicycles, other than official bicycles, on the course during the event is strictly forbidden.
Walkers will be starting the race via Fitzwilliam Street upper and Merrion Square. Please make sure you are in your designated area before 2.00pm.
Joggers will be starting the race via Baggot Street Lower. Please make sure you are in your designated area before 1.30pm.
PINK AND WHITE NUMBERS
Runners and Fast Joggers will be starting the race via Baggot Street Lower just beside Larry Murphy’s Pub. Please make sure you are in your designated area before 1.30pm.
Please note that any participants who arrive after their designated time will be directed towards Merrion Street Upper to access the start of the race.
RACE NUMBER/TIMING TAGS
All entrants will have a timing tag embedded in their race number.
Use safety pins to attach your NUMBER to the FRONT of your T-Shirt.
NUMBERS should not be covered with clothing, belts, rain jackets etc.
Enter your CONTACT DETAILS and MEDICAL INFORMATION on the
reverse of your race number.
REMEMBER NO NUMBER – NO MEDAL.
Follow the signs and steward’s instructions to your correct
Allow yourself plenty of time to get to your Start Area – approx. 35,000 women will be trying to do the same, so it’s going to be very busy!
Entrances to the White, Pink or Blue Start Areas will close at 1.30pm.
START: Water will be available at the Start Area, to drink or to top up your water bottle. Bring a bottle of water with you if you feel you may require water after the Start and before you reach the first water station.
After 4K: On the Stillorgan Road, near the Montrose Hotel.
After 7K: On the Stillorgan Road, near RTE.
FINISH: After the finish line in Fitzwilliam Square
There are OMAC First Aid stations located along the route.
Please dispose of your cups and bottles in the bins provided.