So you have decided on your charity and now you want to raise money! here are some ways to help raise some EXTRA cash!
- Get your friends and family involved
- Get bonus sponsorship for hitting different milestones like finish under X time
- Sponsor per mile or per minute
- Wear fancy dress on the day
- Share your journey via social media
- Offer to walk neighbours/friends dog for a fee while training!!
- Organise lunch time walks – pay as you go!
- Video your training for the event and share it on social media
- Raise money by organising a training group with friends
- Ask for a donation instead of presents
- Organise fun events with family and friends before the event e.g. egg and spoon race, mini marathon around the estate/local area etc.
- Ask for sponsorship from local business for your charity.
- Talks and demonstrations – e.g. cookery demonstrations
- Sell unwanted gifts or clutter.
Spread the Word
Social media is a powerful tool to help you raise even more money for your charity by letting people know what you are doing. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest to raise the profile of what you are doing and encourage people to donate money to your cause. Some things you can do to help spread the word
- Share the news when you have entered online
- Share posts from the Vhi Women's Mini Marathon Facebook and Twitter
- When training share an update on your social media
- Post pictures following your training
- Post videos of your training journey
- Set up a fundraising page using online tools
- Remind people regularly that you are raising money