David Gillick’s Fish Pie recipe is so easy to make you won’t stop ‘carping’ on about it!
Ingredients - serves 4
500g fish mix - hake, ling, cod and salmon (supermarket mix is fine)
400g sweet potato
1 large carrot, grated
1 stick of celery, grated
2 large tomatoes, chopped
Good handful of spinach
1/2 chili, finely chopped
200g cheddar cheese, grated
Good bunch of parsley, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
10g real butter
Salt and pepper
- Leaving the skin on, chop the sweet potato into chunks, and boil until cooked.
- Grate carrot, celery, cheese and chili and place into roasting dish.
- Add spinach, chopped parsley, tomato and juice from lemon.
- Add the fish mix to the roasting dish and mix all ingredients well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once potato is cooked, add butter and a pinch of nutmeg and mash the sweet potato.
Cover fish mix with potato and place in oven at 200c for 40 min