To help ensure that all participants have a safe and enjoyable day at the Vhi Women’s Mini Marathon, please follow the guidelines below:
- Be aware of your surroundings and your nearest exit.
- Do not leave any bags unattended. There is a free supervised baggage area in the Reunion Area
- Take note of the terrain you are standing on in case it is wet, slippery, or hazardous etc.
- Sweat shirts, t-shirts, space blankets and refuse sacks are often discarded before the start and during the race and can create a tripping hazard. If you are discarding items of clothing or such like, ensure they will not cause a problem.
- Do not climb on any temporary structures, barriers etc.
- Do not wear bracelets, necklaces other accessories which can easily become tangled.
- Ensure you take water before and during the race to stay hydrated.
- The wearing of iPods and Personal Stereos during the race can cause difficulties as they inhibit the hearing of important safety announcements.
- Always make sure the laces on your shoes are tied properly so you do not trip and fall.
- By the direction of An Garda Siochana, the use of bicycles, other than official bicycles, on the course during the event is strictly forbidden.
START: Water will be available at the Start Area, to drink or to top up your water bottle.
Bring a bottle of water with you if you feel you may require water after the Start and before you reach the first water station.
At 3K: On the Stillorgan Road, near the Teresian School.
At 6K: At Nutly Park.
At 8K: Ballsbridge, outside AIB Plaza
FINISH: After the finish line in Baggot Street
There are OMAC First Aid stations located along the route.
Please dispose of your cups and bottles in the bins provided.
Please Note: Banners, flags and other similar items are not permitted. Anyone in possession of such will not be allow access the event.